Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eggs!!! Yea!!!

This morning I ate eggs and last night chicken salad. That's right people I am onto soft foods!! I started yesterday(2 days early) because I didn't want to start new foods at work and so far I haven't had any problems with the new foods. I am going to have to call the doctor on Monday though. A few days ago, while sleeping, I turned over in bed and felt a stinging and burning on my large incision where my port is located. This pain has not got any better and it was very annoying last night so I am going to call the doctor tomorrow. I could call the doctor on call this weekend but there is not a single thing they can do about it until Monday anyway. I am not running a fever, the incision is not red or seeping so I am not worried about infection but I am concerned that the port may have popped loose. We will see!

Phrase of the week!
"I'm sorry" I am heard that phrase a great deal over the last week. Anytime someone would eat a cookie or have something I cannot have I would hear "I'm sorry". Please don't feel sorry for me. I chose this. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I did this. I knew exactly what I would be giving up. I chose my life over food and carbonated beverages. I know it is out of innocence that people say that they are sorry and it is really very sweet but please know that I am fine and okay with the decision that I have made. Now if you see me lounge towards the cookie or the coke that is the time to say "I'm sorry...I don't think so". ;)

I weigh in tomorrow and I am excited to see how this past week has gone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. okay, so i wanted to comment on the other post, but since you won't allow me to comment there ... i'll make my own rules! i'm proud of how far you've come in dealing with everything. i totally understand your feelings, even though we haven't suffered through the same things. having a child is a privilege -- not a right. people should treat it as the blessing that it is.

    ReplyDelete