Sunday, November 21, 2010

His Story

Thursday was the day that I got the chance to truly honor and share the story of my beautiful baby boy. This was the second time that I have been honored to be apart of a parent panel sharing our journey with other Early Intervention professionals and fellow parents. I have been able to meet some wonderful ladies with children in early intervention all the way up to high school. We had a great, large, and responsive crowd. The presentation started with each parent sharing their story and I had to go last. Pregnant, hormonal lady. Bad idea!! By then most of the parents on the panel had shed some tears. I made it through telling Brayden's story until the last picture that was shown of him. That picture was taken two days before he died. Many tears were shed but I felt I honored him well. After everyone shared their story we got a chance to answer questions and offer advice to the many service providers and parents in attendance. I felt honored to been apart of an elite group that is chosen to love and parent a child with special needs. At the end, we were each asked to give some advice to other parents with child with special needs. With myself being in a different place than most of the parents on the panel I said this, " Love your child, Don't think about what your child can't do or won't be able to do just love them for who they are." I am glad that I was given the chance to  be apart of Brayden's life and a chance to love him.

Below is all the wonderful parents on  the panel. Some I have met before or have known a long time, and some I was able to hear their story and get to know them for the first time. What a great group of people that have come to honor their babies.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You asked what agency we found. It's Spence Chapin in NY. They have an ASAP program (special needs infants). Sliding scale fees, very low. Neat program. And they consider you for situations for free. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete