Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's a new day

My surgery is scheduled for February 8th!! I am so excited to begin this new chapter of my life. I have several goals for after this surgery. Beside the weight loss which I am so excited about, I am also looking forward to being healthy again. I no longer want to take medicine for blood pressure or reflux. I no longer want to have a machine to help me breath at night. I no longer want to have to worry that I won't wake up in the morning. It's a new day. I want to live and be successful and happy and healthy. This is going to be a long, hard road and I am ready.

I attended the nutrition class this past week and we have bought everything we need for my new way of eating. I will be on clear liquids for four days and then a full liquid diet for two weeks. After that I will be on a soft food diet for two weeks and then I will advance to a normal low fat diet. I will get my band filled at 6 weeks post -op. There are a lot of little details and more information regarding the surgery and I will share with any one that would like to email me and ask questions.

I have waited a year and half and it is finally here. It doesn't seem real yet...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete