Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why do children flock towards me???

I love children. I really do. I hope to have several one day, but I would really like to know why children pick me out of a crowd and think I am their new best friend? For example, I live on a very busy street and a lot of neighbors. It is a beautiful day out and most of the neighbors are cleaning out their cars or hanging outside with their kids and their friends. One little boy who lives on the far left of my place felt the need to talk to me while I was struggling to carry in groceries. Not just to say hello but to actually try to have a back and forth conversation while I am in my work out clothes because it is laundry day, no makeup because I am lazy, and an arm full of groceries including a 24 pack of Diet Dr Pepper. I look around and they are plenty other adults around to converse with ...so why me? Do I give off some kind of scent that says "Hey! I work with children and I can be your new best friend!". If this only happened today then I wouldn't ask the question but it happens all the time. I enjoy being friendly with other people and their children, and I do appreciate the fact that these children feel that I am a safe person to come up to but come on. Like I mentioned, I do love children... but right now...I am off duty ;)

1 comment: