Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm back!

After a two week, much needed, blogging break, I am back! I would have made it three weeks but my family members get  a little antsy when I don't blog often enough for them.

I had my 27 week appointment yesterday with Dr. R. Everything still is looking pretty good. Nothing new to note this week anyway. Last week I went in for an unscheduled visit due to some pretty stubborn cramps and contractions. I had my meds adjusted and all has been well ever since. My cervix was not dilating and Grayson was up high and floating and not putting any pressure on my cervix either. Great news there! My goal last week was to be able to see Dr. R. in his office to avoid having to go to labor and delivery. I apparently carry around this red flag that scares all medical professionals and because of that, going in for a check will, and always will, result in an overnight stay or possibly longer. Dr. R. says "Can you blame them?" Nope I guess I can't! Better safe than sorry...

I am heading back on March 1st for my second glucose tolerance test and to get my first round of the steroid shot that will help mature Grayson's lungs. I will go back 24 hours later to receive another shot. I did ask Dr. R. this week if we continue with the plan as is and Grayson comes at 35 weeks will he have to go to the NICU. He was pretty sure that he would have to but depending on how everything went, he probably wouldn't have to be there long. He also said that  he has been very pleased with how things have gone so far and if they continue that way he is willing to wait till 36 weeks to deliver him too. 36 weeks is a little to close for comfort for me and he completely understands that. Bj and I, along with Dr. R., will make that decision closer to time.

And because I have had several people ask, no we don't have a date for his birthday yet and we won't know until closer to time, and no we are not planning it on or around anybody's birthday, anniversary, or work schedule. Our only concern is that Grayson comes into this world with a strong beating heart and able to breathe on his own.

For now the plan of attack is I will rest, rest, and do more resting until he makes his appearance. And for a few more tidbits...my body is officially rejecting my love for spicy foods...moving around has become strangely difficult already...and some of my short sleeve maternity shirts that I bought a few weeks back are already to small. How many more weeks till April gets here????

P.S. I am glad to be back on the blogging train, and I promise to do a better job on my updates Erin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment