Friday, October 2, 2009

Not Just Another Crib Toy

Part of my job involves me bringing toys into the home and engaging the child in age appropriate activities. So I am always on the look out for new and interesting toys.

A few weeks ago, one of my sessions got pushed back an hour so I headed to my favorite thrift store. I have been wanting this toy for awhile but unwilling to pay full price for it. This toy is designed to hang from crib rails and soothe your baby to sleep, but I have no use for that. I got this toy with the thought of using it with lower functioning children and this toy provides a great activity for cause and effect. The blue button is large enough to find and the toy activates at a light touch. It is also a great toy for my visually impaired children that are only able to see lights and shadows, because the fish sparkles and the toy will light up. The toy also provides very soothing music, and for the older children they are able to practice size differences with the "mama" fish and the "baby" fish.

1 comment: