Thursday, March 4, 2010

How much is to much??

I have been asking myself that question a lot lately. So the weight loss appears to be going well except I didn't weigh myself this week for various reasons so I have no numerical proof of that. The only problem I seem to be having is my portion sizes. Just to be clear, my portion sizes have decreased rapidly since the surgery, as it should be because that is the whole point of the surgery in the first place. I have been having trouble knowing when I am full. People have told me to eat until you are satisfied but that doesn't really work because I am satisfied after one or two bites, then I am hungry again 20-30 minutes later. Snacking is not a good thing while using the lap band because you will either gain weight or not lose any weight. I am afraid of overeating because that causes a whole other host of issues because I could throw up. Throwing up can cause band slippage, esophageal dilation, and other unpleasant things. The recommended serving size right now is 4-6 ounces. So I stick with that and I stop eating if I am feeling nauseous. It is amazing how much control I need for this diet. The term "My eyes are bigger than my stomach" is so true. I still pack my lunch with way to much food and never eat more than half of it. I never knew eating can be so tiring and time consuming! :) I am still learning and I am excited to move onto to real foods next week!! No more pureed chicken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment