Sunday, October 10, 2010

As Promised...

The details!
The picture on the previous post is our little one at 8 weeks. He or she has a strong heartbeat of 176 beats per minute, and is due on May 17th. We are very excited!!

I have been getting a lot of questions about how this pregnancy and birth is going to go so if you have any other questions that I don't answer on this post, feel free to email me.

First off... I am most definitely high risk. Not only because of what happened with Brayden but because they cannot be sure of what happened with him and me on that day. I posted that this Little One will be coming early April because we plan to deliver him or her at 34 or 35 weeks. All tests will be done a month ahead of time such as the non stress tests, and I will also get a steroid shot for the baby's lungs at 28 weeks in case we need to deliver even earlier. Hopefully that will not be the case. I will be doing a lot of blood pressure checks and checking my own self for early signs of issues and I am pretty sure I am not going to be left alone once my third trimester starts. BJ does not like the fact that I will have to be alone with him working evenings every other week, so we may have to enlist the help of my lovely family members to stay with me on those evenings. I will also be having a repeat C-section. I asked about having a VBAC but apparently someone that has previously had a stroke, going through labor and then pushing includes way to many risks to me and the baby. So a repeat C-section it is.

So far  this pregnancy has already proved to be very different than Brayden's. First off, at this point in my pregnancy with Brayden, I was on bed rest. I am thankful that I have not had the same issues. However, early on in  this pregnancy my lab work discovered that my progesterone levels were to low so I am now taking supplements. Because of those supplements I have discovered a new level of pregnancy sickness. So not fun! So far we have had two ultrasounds and we are going back in for another one at 11 weeks. This child is going to have so many pictures before it is born.

 So check back frequently for updates. Now since the news is broken to everyone I actually have something to write about!

4 comments:

  1. As a mom of two 34-weekers, I can tell you its not really a big deal. The girls were in the NICU (actually the CCN- the step-down nursery) for 8 days at UAB which wasn't bad. That said, I would have liked for them to make it to 35 or 36 weeks. Then they could have come right home. I didn't have a c-section so I don't know how that would affect you but I know you'll do great! I'm sure you're scared to death but it sounds like you're in good hands. I don't know if you are planning to deliver at UAB but they have a brand new Women's Center where the NICU has separate rooms for each baby and the parents can stay in the room. They have showers and everything. Just an FYI in case you need it. Ok this is turning into a novel. I really just wanted to say Good Luck!

    Steph

    PS. I had to take progesterone shots for the first 10 weeks I was pregnant so I know how you feel!

    PPS. Ok one more thing and I promise I'm done- I think you're having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing a little bit because you are not the only person that thinks I am having a girl! :) I can't wait to meet your little ones one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before we found out what we were having, my mom kept insisting that we were having 2 girls based on their fast heartrates. I kept telling her that was an old wives' tale. But lo and behold, she was right. So thats what I'm basing my prediction on. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say girl, too. :) Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete