Monday, December 14, 2009

Annual Christmas Traditions and Such

Wow! What a busy weekend! To start, I went on the annual Christmas shopping trip with my dad. We have been doing this for several years and we both really enjoy the time we are able to spend together. I headed over to my parents house to meet up with him. (Warning: Some of the pictures are a little blurry. Sorry!)My dad really enjoys spreading the Christmas spirit to all , so to do that, he likes to sing Christmas songs to all the employees and customers that he sees. We always see many smiles when he is around.
Here he is at our first stop. Target!
This is the guy that helped me find a hand sanitizer key chain. Dorky, I know, but you wouldn't believe some of the places I have to go into when I see kids, and I like to have it handy. Trust me, if HazMat was available, sometimes I would be tempted to use it.Next we headed over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We like to sit in the chairs and get a massage for free.
Us at J.C. Penney

Books-a-Million!
We went to many, many stores, but I forget to take a picture at each one. Plus that would make for a very loooong post. I was able to get everything I needed, and we ended our shopping trip with a stop at the Liquor store...draw your own conclusions!

And now for the "and Such" On Sunday I went with my mom to Nashville for the Bo Bice Christmas party. Yep you are right, I am talking about THE Bo Bice from American Idol. My mom really enjoys his music and she has taken me to a few concerts with her. I have really enjoyed spending time with my mom and getting to travel. I have also had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people. This past weekend I was able to connect with a remarkable women that recently suffered a stroke. We were able to connect on a deeper level and share our similar experiences. She is doing extremely well considering that it has only been a short time since her stroke. I wish I had gotten a picture with her to share with everyone but I hope to keep in touch with her and see her again. Now for the pictures

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. Some time with dad and some time with mom. It was a great weekend! Come Monday morning though... I was wore out!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

1 comment: