Sunday, December 6, 2009

~Blessing~

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and having great difficulty in finding the good things in my life. Maybe it is the time of year or maybe there are other reasons for it, who knows. I was greatly inspired recently by a friend of mine's post. She wrote about blessings and convictions. Please click here to read her post.
She made me realize that I needed to remind myself how blessed I am and realize that there are many worse off than my myself. I started listings the blessings in my head and realized that I needed to write them down so there would be a permanent reminder of all the wonderful things in my life. So here I go...
  • I am blessed to have a job when I know that so many are struggling without one right now.
  • I am blessed to have a job that I truly enjoy and feel that I am making a difference.
  • I am blessed to have a roof over my head and food on my table, I never want to take that for granted.
  • I am blessed to have a supportive, loving family.
  • I am blessed to have a close circle of friends that are there for me.
  • I am blessed to be healed after my stroke with a second chance to live.
  • I feel blessed that God ended my son's suffering, he healed him and made him whole in Heaven.
  • I am so blessed to have a loving husband that will go through the fire with me and that our marriage continues to stay strong and our love grows every day.
  • Finally, I am blessed to continue through each day with my faith, growing closer to God, and doing His will.
I apologize for the over abundance of the word "blessed", but someone once told me that I shouldn't use the word lucky but use blessed so I remember where the blessing come from.

Looking back on this list reminds me that my trivial problems are just that... trivial. I have so many wonderful people and things in my life that I need not complain. Instead I would like to re-direct myself by doing things for others. Hopefully I will find my niche in some sort of volunteer work. If anyone has any suggestions please pass them onto me through email or a comment on this post, and I hope everyone has a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment