Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering Him


Last year's post
Today I remembered him...
My son, Brayden.

Brayden,
I remember your blond curls and soft skin...
I remember your scrunched up toes and long fingers
I remember how you used to grunt at me and blow your own nose
I remember how you tried to pull your button out on a daily basis
I remember the time that you were in the hospital and you looked at me with one tear rolling down your face
I remember how everyone fell in love with you as soon as they met you and I remember how you could talk anyone into holding you for hours.
I remember singing to you our favorite songs




I remember tracing your face with my fingers while you slept and your birthmark across your right eyelid
I remember laying with you in my bed waiting for your daddy to get home
I remember going to the hospital to have dinner with your daddy and when he picked you up, you would relax and melt into his arms like you had been waiting all day to see him

I remember your singing in the middle of the night

But most of all I remember when you would wake up each day and look at me like you were looking into my soul, and your eyes looked at peace with the world. These are only a few things that I remember about you. There are so many...to many to write.

Brayden Anthony Campbell

2 comments:

  1. I remember how he was the biggest baby in the NICU. Hope you're ok this week and next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to an incredible child.

    ReplyDelete