Friday, April 29, 2011

Sharing a story from Grayson's birth

Four and half years ago when I had Brayden, I wasn't put in a room on the typical postpartum unit due to our circumstances. During my two week stay in the hospital I had a great and fantastic nurse named Courtney. She was my day time nurse for the majority of my stay. I trusted her and she understood me when others couldn't. The catch was that she typically didn't work with postpartum patients, she worked in Labor and Delivery. She made my time there bearable and she took such excellent care of me.

Fast forward four and half years, I am sitting in the hospital the morning of Grayson's birth and Courtney walks in my room. I recognized her immediately and she did as well. After some hugs, she told me that she had  been assigned to be with me for Grayson's birth. Full circle right? What a great person to  be with me for Grayson's birth. She made sure that everyone knew our past history so I didn't have to explain it YET again. God knew that I needed her that day. She understood when I cried and fell apart before and during Grayson's birth. It was so great to have someone there that shared our past and now our future with us. What a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment