Monday, May 30, 2011

Come and Gone

This past Thursday Grayson turned 6 weeks old. He is growing up so fast. He is eating 4-5 ounces at each feeding and he is starting to sleep in five hour stretches at night. We are still working out a routine in terms of his naps but for right now he dictates how often and when he wants to sleep during the day. He is growing like a weed and I can't wait to see big he has gotten at his 8 week appointment. I do know that he is over 10 pounds now and, get this, his head is growing! You would expect it to grow but Brayden's never did so I like to see proof in numbers...I may be driving the staff at Ped's East crazy but they are still smiling at me when I come through the door so I guess that's good ;)

I go back to work tomorrow and BJ begins his paternity leave tomorrow as well. Mr. Mom is on duty! I am nervous and anxious about tomorrow but I know that once I get into a routine everything will be fine. I am going to give everyone, family and friends, fair warning that when I get home from work that baby is mine so don't plan any visits to my house after 4:00pm. Thanks ;)

I am a horrible mother...I haven't taken that many pictures. Sorry! Here is a picture from our first visit to the zoo. He slept through it and it was hot but we have the nice memories. :)

 
Just a quick side note...we have discovered that Grayson does not like and will not tolerate formula. He literally acts like I am trying to kill him. So I guess I am going to have to step up my pumping since we are already dipping into my frozen stash so he has plenty when I am at work.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are getting some sleep! Love that onsie and you don't have to worry about getting stains since he doesn't like formula. :) Can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the formula stains but he did manage to have some stains from the other end. I couldn't believe it! His diaper never leaks but it did on the day that he wore a white onsie. Go figure! The stain did come out though.

    ReplyDelete