Saturday, July 31, 2010

Protein Please!!!

A majority of my diet has to be protein. Actually I need to get 60 grams of protein per day. For a normal size stomach, many don't even have to think about it but for me and my small stomach, it takes some planning. I typically eat 6 ounces at each meal and most of that is protein so it doesn't leave a lot for those pesky fruits and vegetables. Don't get me wrong! I do eat them, but not enough, so I have take a vitamin everyday.

One of my favorite morning meals in Egg Beaters and Sausage. But not just any sausage... soy sausage!
Don't laugh! It is actually pretty darn good. There is only one problem. The cost! Only six patties come in a box and I eat two a day so it doesn't really add up and you can't buy them in bulk. So I decided to try something different. Turkey Sausage!!.....It was the most horrible thing ever!! I tried to season it but I could never make it work so I went back to my soy sausage. When Hubby and I were at the grocery store on Thursday I saw Turkey Bacon...in bulk...for a better price! I figured I would try it. I am not really a big fan of bacon when it is in things like salads, sandwiches, etc. but I can eat it for breakfast. Turns out that it is not that bad.
 The only problem came in when I needed to measure it. I had to make four pieces and my meal still only measured out to be 4 ounces. So I either need make more egg beaters, more bacon(really can't handle any more salt!), or maybe a half of a sandwich thin toasted. I guess I will keep fiddling with it until I have 6 ounces of food but I am glad that I have found a better, less costly, way to eat my protein in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hate turkey bacon! Although I have to say- good for you for trying new things. I hope you find something that works for you soon. I too have trouble getting enough protein- I have to get like 120 grams a day because of the twins.

    ReplyDelete