Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snowy Alabama Afternoon

This afternoon I had the great pleasure of seeing a holiday classic at a historical theatre. This is the second year that my mom and I have enjoyed the Holiday Film Series at the Alabama Theatre. Last year it was "White Christmas" and this year it was "Holiday Inn" Two great classics. If any one is interested they are showing movies all week and next weekend, including a matinee on Saturday of classic movies for children.

Coming up to the theatre while the snow was falling.
Some pictures from the very large tree in the lobby.



Our view from our seats. Beautiful right?!? It may not look like it but we chose seats on the third floor, high up in the theatre. Unfortunately with my current pregnancy state and a lack of  a center of balance, I had some nausea and a hot flash but I recovered quickly and we enjoyed the show. ;)

My favorite part of the show is always the well talented, organ player playing "Big Bertha". This guy is always entertaining...he is an organ player and well... I will just leave it at that. He is great and hilarious and puts on a great show!

Me and mom after the show.


I hope we will continue this tradition next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment