Monday, December 20, 2010

This is a story for the baby book...

I can imagine it now, "Well son, we thought that you were a girl for almost a week, sorry! We didn't mean to squash you manhood but you really shouldn't cross your legs during the ultrasound."

So we were pleasantly surprised this morning to find out that we are expecting our second son. What a blessing, and he is developing beautifully! He is also measuring on time which wonderful so hopefully another 11 pound baby is NOT in my future. All of his body parts and organs checked out great, however he was burying his face in the placenta so we couldn't get a shot of his face to check his lip and palate and we didn't get a good shot of his heart. We head back in two weeks to take another look.

Onto the doctors appointment. He continues to watch me very closely and I will now be seeing him every two weeks. He told me that I need to take it very easy and be off of my feet as much as possible. I believe he actually used the words "inactive" and "bed rest". I am just happy that I can continue to work at my job without causing harm to the baby with preterm labor and I can work from home if needed. The doctor approved of that. My blood pressure is still looking great and my weight gain is holding steady at 6 pounds, same as the last doctors' appointment. I can't really guarantee that it will stay that way after the Christmas holidays but who knows. Aside from the cramping, everything else is going well. So I will continue to take the medication to stop the cramping, take it easy and stay off of my feet as much as possible, and enjoy  this beautiful baby boy that is moving and kicking more and more everyday. Happy Holidays Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment